Be Aware of Loan Modification Scams!
Homeowners who are struggling to make their mortgage payments need to be aware of con artists that promise to save their homes and lower their mortgage debt or their payments.
Watch out for:
- No special assistance is needed to apply for a HAMP modification and paying a third party does not improve your likelihood of obtaining one. Beware of persons claiming to be HAMP experts. Homeowners can make application on their own or with the help of a Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved housing counselor. Applying for the program is always free.
- No third party can approve a modification; this can only be done by the loan servicer.
- No advance fee is necessary for mortgage modification services and in most cases charging in advance for a modification is illegal.
- Homeowners should verify the authenticity of any individual or company that claims to be affiliated with HAMP or displays a seal or logo representing the U.S. government by calling the Homeowner’s HOPETM Hotline.
- Beware of individuals or companies that offer money-back guarantees or that advise stopping mortgage payments or not contacting the mortgage servicer.
The key is to look for help that requires NO FEES! If you have questions about the loan modification you’re already taking part in, or if you’re in any kind of trouble with your mortgage, call me at 703-400-6757 or email me. We’ve helped hundreds of homeowners and we can help you too.
We have successfully sold over 350 short sales! Yours may be next!
Jennifer Young Homes
Keller Williams Realty
Bank of America Co-Op Short Sale Program Works to Pay Sellers CASH at Closing!
Call for More Info!
Learn more about the Bank of America Co-Op program and those of other lenders looking to help struggling homeowners.
Search Short Sales in your Area
About Jennifer Young
Jennifer Young is the CEO and Team Leader of Jennifer Young Homes with Keller Williams Realty. Jennifer is a highly experienced real estate agent and industry leader specializing in the Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC market. Jennifer sells Regular Sales, Short Sales, Foreclosures, Rural Residential & Land. Her team has helped hundreds of troubled homeowners for FREE! Call Jennifer today for a free consultation at (703) 651-5655 or email her.
Hear from our clients…
Jennifer Young was a great agent, especially because of the amazing team working behind the scenes. Her and her staff knew so much about short sales.
Jennifer Young sold our home for us in Fairfax, VA and did an incredible job. It was priced right and went under contract in less than 10 days.
We worked with Jennifer Young and her team when short selling our property. They were on-the-ball and completely on top of my case at all times. .